Breast augmentation can improve the appearance of your breasts and make you feel comfortable in your skin. But patients should adhere to a specific set of instructions in the weeks and months after surgery to maintain their outcomes long-term. Specifically, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jules Walters can explain how to sleep during breast augmentation recovery.
Sleeping position is an important consideration for all breast augmentation patients. If you have questions, meet with a trained professional at the MODERN Plastic Surgery & Medspa in New Orleans, LA. We can help you achieve your best breast augmentation results.
What Happens During Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation enhances the shape and profile of the breast using medical-grade saline or silicone implants. There are many different placement techniques used for this aesthetic surgery, Dr. Walters uses the Rapid Recovery technique and typically places the implants behind the pectoral muscles. We can review your options based on your individual anatomy, size and type of breast implants, and cosmetic goals.
What’s the Best Sleeping Position After Breast Augmentation?
After breast augmentation, the best sleeping position is on your back with your head slightly elevated. This keeps the new implants in place and minimizes postoperative side effects, like swelling and inflammation.
Patients will want to avoid lying on their stomachs or on one side. This is because the pressure from these positions can cause the implants to shift or cause discomfort. You want to keep your breast implants in their original position for as long as possible to maintain excellent breast augmentation results.
How Can I Improve Sleep After Breast Augmentation?
The MODERN Plastic Surgery & Medspa team can provide tips and advice for ensuring your sleep is both restful and comfortable. We can help you plan for successful breast augmentation recovery in New Orleans, LA.
Here’s how you can improve your sleep after aesthetic surgery:
- Wear a soft, supportive bra at night. Be sure your bra is made of breathable materials and provides support without placing excess pressure on your breasts or chest area. A sports bra or a soft surgical bra should do the trick.
- Use a firm pillow that will provide proper head and neck support while you’re sleeping. Many of our patients like to use memory foam pillows, which offer excellent support without being too stiff.
- Do you sleep with a pet or a partner who moves around a lot during the night? Consider sleeping in a separate bed while you recover. This will allow you to sleep safely and without disturbance.
- Keep your bedroom cool and dark. It can be difficult to get the rest you need if your recovery area is uncomfortable. Use heavy blinds and keep your thermostat comfortably low to ensure the best possible environment for restful sleep.
- Take care of yourself by eating balanced meals, staying hydrated, and getting plenty of fresh air. This will help you recover faster and feel your best during breast augmentation recovery.
Safely Maintain Your Breast Augmentation Results
When you have any kind of aesthetic surgery, it’s important to place your health and comfort first. You’ll be able to enjoy your breast augmentation results more fully if you follow the proper aftercare instructions from board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jules Walters at the MODERN Plastic Surgery & Medspa in New Orleans, LA. Learn about breast implants and more by calling for a comprehensive consultation.
Leave a Reply